Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010 - Camper at the Pavish House

David and I got back into League City late Saturday night with the pop-up camper. We drove to Holly Springs, Arkansas to pick it up from a very nice couple that used it a handful of times in the past 4 years. We were very excited to find our Starcraft 11RT camper for a very reasonable price, in excellent condition. So of course the first thing we did at 9:00 a.m. today was get outside to clean it up.

Since the camper was quartered outside with a cover over it, it was covered in pollen. David and I scrubbed it down with a lot of elbow grease and went over the entire exterior with a fine tooth comb.

It is kind of funny. Two weekends ago we went up to Holly Springs to see the camper to determine if it was one we wanted to purchase. It was sitting outside a pole barn and was set up with the canvas up. It looked like a normal sized camper out in the open like that. Then we got it home and in the drive way and all of a sudden it seemed very tall and immense. David had to get a step ladder out to scrub down the top. I got my scrubbing mop out to work on the clean up.

After hours of scrubbing the outside, bleaching the caulking, washing down the wheels and tires, mopping off the front deck and taking the air conditioning cover off and cleaning out the assembly, we were done with the outside. We were very happy with the exterior condition of the camper.

We then set up the camper and that was quite an adventure. since we weren't really sure what we were doing, we thought it was a good sign when we got everything up and secured in just 45 minutes. :0)



Once we got everything set up, it took just two more hours of cleaning to get the interior scrubbed down and cleaned up. It wasn't that the camper was dirty to begin with, but I went over it really well with the shop vac and wiping every surface down.

I have to say, I can't wait for summer! I want to get out and commune with nature in style. Who knows where we might set up our camper.....it might be your drive way!

No comments:

Post a Comment