Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21, 2010 - Kitchen Remodel

Ok...the kitchen is sorta done. It was finished with all the big stuff Friday afternoon, but for the last 48 hours, David and I have been cleaning out old tupperware, ziplock stuff, getting rid of stuff that has missing pieces, and the things that we have absolutely no idea what it is/was. After 48 hours, I haven't even gotten through half of my boxes.

We also don't have a backsplash or the handles on the cabinets and drawers. This failing is not on my husband's part but mine. I just can't seem to decide on what I want for my backsplash, glass tiles, ceramic tiles, slate, granite, tin, copper, too many choices to make a decision. I am the point where I have way to many options and I have spent hours and gallons of gas going to get samples to bring back to the house and then return them. I just haven't found the thing that makes me say "YES...THAT'S IT!"

As for the drawer and cabinet pulls, I know exactly what I want, I just keep forgetting to pick them up each time I go to Home Depot.

I hurt from the top of my head to my feet. I found muscles I had forgotten I had (and by the way I think there is a law that prevents women over 50 from getting down on the floor and sitting for hours putting things in cabinets and if there isn't, there should be one.) Poor David has to go back to work tomorrow to get some rest from being off this past week. I hate to post pictures until I get it completely finished and do the BIG REVEAL. So hang with me and I hope to have the reveal pictures posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...poor thing!! Remember that anything worth having is worth working for!!! Little hard to think that at this moment, huh?

    ReplyDelete