Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010 - Kitchen Remodel


David has taken this week off and is working with our contractor, Dave Vice and his worker, Gary. Today, they cut the opening in the wall for the pass-through. They got all the new wiring done for the pot lights that will be in the ceiling. The new wiring for the wall opening and the under cabinet lighting was also done. After they got the wiring done, they installed all the new insulation.

While I am really excited about the remodel, I have found I am not as pliable to chaos as I was when  I was younger. Not being able  to use my living room and dining area have left me floundering. Tonight, I got the grilled chicken from KFC and we had to eat in the bedroom because there was nowhere else to sit down and have dinner. We were both to tired to get cleaned up to go out for dinner.

Everything is covered with plastic to protect it from the plaster and concrete dust. The floors are coated with the same dust and debris. My dining room table may never be the same after this experience since it has become the catch all for tools, drinks, drawings, and other assorted paraphernalia. I also have a sneaking suspicion that when this project is done, there will be a number of weekends where I will be cleaning up the lose ends and dealing with other little projects that will have to be dealt with because of the new kitchen. But those are the kinds of projects I can deal with because everything else will be back in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment